February 20, 2018

Trade-in discouraged for angry and do something

#drawfool doodle for Feb. 21, 2018.
I had just finished this cartoon about how I imagine these scary liberal trolls, um... sort of like young fat Yoda with more eyebrows... When this really scary liberal troll started "yelling" at me and this other lady, apparently it was about his own traumatic childhood? But, to sum up the last line of his rant --- "that we could take our empathy and shove it up our asses,... along with 'hopes and prayers'". .... So? I think the word that set him off was empathy and the line that I feel stupid for adding was 'How do we care?' It was part of a pun about healthcare. As a cancer survivor since my 20s, Obama-care is a big deal at our house... anyhooo.

I was going to write something about how I am sometimes afraid that I behave like a 'liberal troll' and then this guy made me realize I'm not one. Once again, I'm a moderate. So the cartoon above, of the smiling troll who sincerely wants people to read more? Peace, love, justice and the pen is mightier than the sword. Facts, truth and 'The Golden Rule'. Well, these are also tools of the moderate, along with laws, amendments, and constitutions. All created for moderating and upheld via moderation. I'm a moderate troll! ... (that made me chuckle to myself) with a bit of a relief. That liberal troll couldn't have picked a better moment in time to go-off, and wake me up. "Thanks, troll," I say feeling empathy for him.

P.s. To the troll's point, about doing something. Yes. I agree -- The point is to do something and there are a lot of people just sitting on a cushion of empathy, if we don't move our lazy asses, it is inevitable that some of it will get shoved up there.


#drawfool doodle for Feb. 20, 2018.
House plants = carbon sequestration... even spider plants.

Pep talks and pleas for donations abound, I'm not very interested in either of those. Positive energy as ignorance for bliss, and throwing money as a solution for guilt absolution. Not too keen on those lies either. Recognising people all around me are taking action and figuring out how I can join in, even in little ways, day to day, is the best placement of my anger I've found so far.

In case you wondered, I don't have a spider plant. I have a few pots of aloe, and a tropical pine tree in a bucket as a year-round houseplant and stand-in for a cut Christmas tree. I also have some test patches of miniature clover. It turns out this far North in Washington state our climate is too harsh for mini-clover. Regular clover is dwarfed by the weather around my house. Interestingly my test patch of chamomile did better than the clover. So, I traded my bag of clover with someone further South, for a bigger hardier seed and plan to plant that as soon as the ground stops being crunchy. It's below freezing in February today. I also have collected quite a few wildflower seeds, they also get dwarfed around my house, but the plants are beautiful even when less than 1/4 of the size of the same plants in the garden the seeds came from. I write this not to brag, but to cheer myself up. Feb. cold is getting to me. The increased sunshine on clear sunny days is very helpful, but not a single flower sprout tells me it's not spring yet. I'll go take a walk, get some fresh air and look again. More than gardening, I am looking forward to my art studio thawing out.

Profound conclusions? Nope. ... well okay if you read this far I should give up something. I woke up and searched for evidence to indicate if people are interested in climate change. I didn't look at surveys. Only 12 to 13% of people feel compelled to fill out surveys. I didn't look at polls or worse, data collected by the lamestream news media. The statistics on polls are in, and scientists calculated that big money has tainted public opinion on the topic of climate change by 21 to 37% percent against believing humans and the GHG (greenhouse gases) we generate are contributing to global warming. Yes, dear brainwashed masses, on average it's a fact, world temperatures measured all year, all and around the world and then totaled together into an average, it is global warming, not climate change. Even in the lower 48, USA.

Thanks, Obama era EPA to 2016, for the data.
Okay, where was I? Oh yeah. Don't get discouraged, get angry and do something. We all did this together, and it's gonna take all of us, in every wedge of possibility. Each person, doing little things, here and there, every day to keep the planet survivable for all living things, including humans of course. ...yep. I said, yep because I bore myself. Don't even know how many times I've had this cycle of recursive thought. Okay, enough expulsion for today, back to doing stuff I go.

No comments: